Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Good Samaritan

C&C
Many times as I drive through the highway, I come across multiple cars parked on the shoulders with the top wide open and smoke dispensing. Guilty, I keep on driving hoping someone else would make the bold move and help out the stranded driver, while telling myself that next time I would be the good samaritan. But the funny thing is that this internal dialogue has become a pattern every time I spot a car on the shoulder, and to this day, I have not been able to help out as I desired. I made this list in hopes of fulfilling at least some of them within the year - given that it hasn't happened in 22 years, a year doesn't seem too farfetched.
  1. Help out someone with a broken down car
  2. Give a hand to an elderly crossing the street
  3. Volunteer at a food shelter
  4. Offer help to someone struggling with a task even if I have no idea what they're doing
  5. Missionary work in a third world country
Hope this helps inspire someone to do a good deed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment