Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Classique Photo

Gleb Derujinsky, 1888-1975
Although it may not be apparent, I have always had a fascination towards classic, black and white photography. There is something so authentic and elegant about a photograph being in two tones; even the models have this effortless beauty that is hard to be captured in our era. I stumbled upon Gleb Derujinsky's first photograph when I was looking for an icon for my work communication system and it has struck me as one of my favorite pictures. It was only until recently that I found Gleb's other timeless works, some of which were featured in Harper's Bazaar.

Girl on the shore

The black glove

Columbus Circle with Pigeons
Would love to know about your black and white artists!

Also, I made it to the Quarterfinals for Best Dressed Female Chicagoan. Cast your vote here if you wish to support me!

No comments:

Post a Comment